Thursday 14 November 2013

PPB - Female Facial Design.


 Again the facial design of the female character was needed...
So as a reference I looked at people such as Dita Von Teese, Amber Heard in addition to classic pin up females.
I found that a lot of the characters I seemed to be drawing seemed to appear too... foreign. Whereas the majority of classic pin ups appear as the English Rose. So looking at myself  - a blonde, green eyed, pale female - seemed  to help slightly.  



However I wanted to modernise the character slightly & also give her more interesting, squashable & stretchable features!
But again I seemed to give my character a sense of something I do not want.
In the case of the above sketches, a weird manly look about her...

The drawings below I think work slightly better...
She  appears relatively similar in each of the sketches, holding distinctive features. 
I also think she looks like she could animated & exaggerated, which is what I need!
Plus working in coloured pencil makes everything look better...




No comments:

Post a Comment