Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pitch Concept Art


These are the concept images created for the pitch, based on the cards of 'Black Comedy', 'Push The Envelope' & the style of 'Amazing Stories Covers'.
In the end I combined two different styles from several of my favourite covers. I chose the dull, blue/yellow toned background to contrast the dark blues of the character, ensuring she was not lost in the background. In addition to implying the cold, dark mood of the environment.


I felt at first that the character stood out slightly on the background & as I wanted her as the concentrate of the scene, adding detail to her would draw in the viewers eyes.
Giving her a subtle, warmer glow contrasts the character within the background. The flecks of light is a detail I picked up from one of the Amazing Stories covers that I had replicated, which I carried over which I think gives it a sense of surreality.
The use of texture is what I think brings the image together as both were created using acrylic textures & overlays, although I think in some instances the skin could possibly use more texture.



The third image is the idea for her 'dream', or thought sequence, when we gain some insight into her mind. The scene is a relatively simple chase scene with the female character chasing a male perp. Again based on a mono print style of the Amazing Stories covers, I added the detail of the flecks of light floating her around her - as seen previously - to create a sense of familiarity with the character.

Overall I'm pleased with the visuals I've created, however I think the character possibly needs a little more work & development. But due to the time frame & attempting to rethink how I had envisioned the animation, this will have to be developed further later.



No comments:

Post a Comment