Friday 1 November 2013

Nicholas Bentley - Character Design.


The basic idea for my Nicholas Bentley inspired project was of an old sea dog who is losing his memory. His young relation, possibly grandson, is telling him stories of his life on the sea.

I think this plot line may need some more work for a feature length film... 

Initial sketches of character ideas based on Bentley's work. In particularly the image I posted previously - older man with blue detail looking mildly annoyed - as a basis of the older dog.

I attempted to maintain details such as the skinny, elongated limbs, similar expression for the older character. In an attempt to capture some sort of personality within his features, I think the eyebrows are particularly effective.

The style of the second younger character deviated from the style however... appearing more cutesy in appearance than the older character.


No comments:

Post a Comment