Wednesday 6 November 2013

Interior Background Development - Painted




Initial background ideas based on one of the covers previously posted, with neutral tones of yellows & blues creating a cold, unhappy tone within the scene.
The top painting was a very rough experiment in an attempt to decide the use of tones for the background.
The second painting was a slightly more complex design, bring in more of a sense of shadow & depth, adding in additional details. Taking the image into Photoshop, black lines were added to enhance the line art & detail.


Then I added the character in.
& I realised something was not quite right...
& it actually took me a really long time to work out what it was. A really, really long time.
Then my flatmate mentioned that the perspective was completely off. & I then wondered how I never noticed as it was so damn obvious.
The audience appears to be looking down on the table from above, but looking directly at the character at the same time... Not possible.
So decided to draw it again. Of course.







No comments:

Post a Comment