Friday 1 November 2013

Amazing Stories' Covers


Choosing to develop the 'Push The Envelope' idea for my pre production product, I was missing a style... So I was given 'Amazing Stories Covers' as my style to adapt.

These are some examples of my favourite covers of Amazing Stories!! Mainly chosen due to their colour schemes & expressive  styles, in addition to some of the techniques that appear to have been used. For example the use of watercolours! My favourite!

So... will be needing to develop my original animatic & characters to this style. Some details I have picked up;

Females - pin up style, large breasts, relatively skimpy outfits,      curly hair, often 'glittering' or have a glow.

Often using high contrasting colours.

Use of lighting.

Painterly style.



I need to experiment with a way of using this style without detracting from the attention within the scene...



No comments:

Post a Comment