Friday 8 November 2013

Pitch Concept Art - Action Scene


During the pitch rehearsal & watching other students pitches, it occurred to me that I was missing something relatively vital in my images...
Some excitement.
Which was my feedback after my rehearsal pitch. I required an exciting action image as a concept piece  & to make the telling of the story highly exciting & action filled!
So I created this piece - late last night filled with panic before my pitch today - illustrating the blood she'd caused by their fatal error & her excitement & need. 
I also revised my notes & storytelling style to increase the excitement & people's interest in the storyline!

So here's my basic story outline...;
Push The Envelope is the story of a young female police officer working a make dominated police force.

The female protagonist is entirely fed up of pushing the paperwork & the monotony of the office.
She dreams of fighting crime. Dreams of the chase! The takedown! Holding a gun to the perpetrator's head!

After a morning of day dreaming, her male counterparts return from an exciting crime fighting adventure.
Flying into a jealous rage, she goes completely off the handle. Much to the shock of the males in the office...

In fear of the crazy scorned lady screaming in the corner, they hand her a gun to appease her. Though sheepishly, & much to her excitement.
This was a fatal error.
Her excitement - & inexperience - leads to the accidental firing of a bullet.
Bullets bounce. Tables crack. Emergency lights flash!

Once calm returns, the consequences are revealed.
Bullet holes surround her. Blood squirts everywhere.
& after her brief moment of excitement, she is returned to her life of monotony...
In prison.
Serving food to those she wished to fight.

THE END...


No comments:

Post a Comment