Friday 1 November 2013

Character Colour.

Bentley's work is generally using minimal colour & black outlines or filled black. Though there is some use of colour with a hint of texture. As my animation is supposed to be for a children's feature film, I felt that use of a little more colour would be necessary to visually stimulate.
Using fairly minimal colour in my characters I played with using watercolours in an attempt to gain some sense of texture, but also used pastel-ish tones similarly to those used in Bentley's work. I think the older character has more of a sense of texture in his jacket due to the different tones. Possibly may need to add more colour detail to the faces & 'fur' of the characters to give more of an impression of a Spaniel type dog!







No comments:

Post a Comment