Monday 13 May 2013

Painted Exterior - Progression





In creating the exterior background, I went through a similar process as the interior. Blue pencil drawing, watercolours & then Photoshop. 
The exterior was more simplistic in my opinion with regards to painting the design. Although I did find it difficult to stop myself overworking the paper when I wanted to add further detail. The idea of features becoming paler the further in the distance was valid in this design due to canyons in the background & the contrast of features in the foreground. 
Again I added white highlights within Photoshop & edited to the colour balance to lose the sepia tones & darken the edges which should appear more in shadow. I was undecided as to whether to ink the image to add further detail, as I think the pale less defined background fits this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment