Thursday 30 May 2013

Motion Studies Showreel


Motion studies consisted of looking a variety of movements & behaviours within characters.

I chose to do the first two pieces in 2D, which in hindsight I think I could have done better in 3D. I think some of the motions are slightly cliched or too exaggerated to the point of looking unnaturalistic.

The walks were my favourite animations to create as I was able to experiment with the characters emotion & their personality. For the walk cycles I watched a lot of references on the internet of people walking & I also watched several of my flatmates walking up & down as a reference. I think the best walk of the three is the happy walk, as the sense of speed & the bounce in the step is evident conveying the characters good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment