Thursday 15 May 2014

Deep - Yet more adjustments of the solar system...


This solar system model has caused me some issues... as someone who works predominantly in 2D this 3D style has been a massive challenge for me. 
Each time I think I have sorted a problem another one seems to arise!
I initially had issues with planets jumping due to movement of the seams, which I didn't really
understand at first... but worked it out eventually! 
Then issues with the speed & timing of the rotations of the planets & how they move in accordance
to their position in relation to the sun & the effect of gravity.
Also had issues with the fact the planets collided & went through one another... so I had to move the orbits & expand the orbits in order to avoid them.
But it has been a huge learning curve for me & I have learnt a lot in Maya from texturing, to motion paths, to using the graph editor in different ways etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment