Thursday 20 February 2014

DEEP - 101 Dalmations Style & Copies.


The dominant style of the Deep scene I'm working on is 101 Dalmations - references in a previous post! - so I attempted to copy some of the images from the mansion.
I am not so great at painting... but this style allows me to practice my water colour skills in a less photo realistic style! The design is more to do with texture & lined shadows as opposed to blended colours & shadows.
There is also some visibility of lines & paint strokes which I also had some fun 'attempting' to create the appearance of texture & such.
I also played with using marker pens but I failed a bit & it just looks a bit rubbish due to the tones of colour & the lack of blending in the colours...
But in getting into the style has definitely helped, particularly with the colour scheme & how the lighting works. Also found I preferred the fine liner look as opposed to paint or pencil as it allowed for more detail...


No comments:

Post a Comment