Thursday 17 October 2013

Push The Envelope - Animatic.


The rough animatic developed from the 'Push The Envelope' storyboard!

My first draft of the animatic has no sound, as I was undecided as to whether to use music or sound effects over the animation as it is intended to be a silent film.
I'm particularly aware that the time isn't quite right, particularly around the quicker & snappier shots such as the female character angrily waving her arms around & the bullet being fired from the gun & bouncing around the room. More shots would be required for these moments to illustrate the sense of movement & drama. I also think general timing needs to be looked over as it appears slightly jumpy at this point.

The feedback I received for the animatic was, as I was aware, I need to review the timing. Also that some of the shots appeared slightly clumsy, for example the female character being in the corner & the rest of the room having things going on as its unclear as to where the audience's focus should lie.
Also that the storyline could be considered mildly sexist... But it was also pointed out that the female lead would work as a male in a female office, or a male in a male office & so on.
In addition it was suggested that I work more in Photoshop for storyboards & animatics, as some areas are slightly jumpy where objects such as the desk move. Whereas if I use Photoshop, or a similar program, I'd be able to use one element & repeat it using layers then draw other layers for different frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment