Monday 22 April 2013

Sea Experiments - Characters


Above is another example of a sea experiment I created playing around with water colour paints. I think this technique is effective as there is a sense of mark making & the different shades of blues & purples are more obvious & defined.

The designs to the left are concept designs for the combination of the characters & the backgrounds. Again experimenting with water colours & blue/purple tones to fit with the idea of the ocean & the colour scheme.


Although the version with the paint running is possibly my favourite visually - due to the blurring of paint shades & the bleeding into one another & I like the level of detail in this design - I think the third design would be more effective within our animated piece, particularly in relation to the white horses as waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment