Thursday 18 April 2013

Experimental Animation - with music



In taking the original test of the ripped up pieces of paper further, I planned to create more morphs within the animation. So as opposed to just morphing from fire to bird, moving from fire to tree to bird to ‘fish’ to flowers to animal, attempting to make the animation more fast paced in accordance with the music & therefore more visually interesting. However this was more of a struggle than anticipated, after planning out the frames & frame rate I had an idea of the timings in which they need to be creating in yet I didn’t quite anticipate how difficult it would be to in fact create these shapes & make them more. However I think the slightly looser style of the forms is interesting & it enabled me to make the animation appear slightly more abstract in its style.

Although I had some basic ideas of the timings from listening to the track, I wasn’t as accurate as I had hoped in imagining how long each frame needed to be seen for. There is a layering of beats which also made it slightly more difficult. Some areas of the animation fit with the music nicely, such as the movement of the fish & the pieces coming down to the floor, but I think it does need to be tighter in some areas.

Also made in error in the first few frames in that you can see the background that the animation was created on, which I hadn’t realized until upon capturing all the images & due to the time scale I was unable to go back & correct as I would have had to redo the entire set of images in order for them to morph correctly, so this was a slight disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment