Monday 22 April 2013

Backgrounds - Initial Layouts

These images are the basic sketches of the exterior designs.

The first outline is for the painted exterior - which I think I'll attempt to paint using a monochromatic colour scheme due to my lack of experience with water colour paints. I added the detail of a moon/sun as to give a light source in the frame enabling me to create strong shadows across the canyons, giving a sense of depth. I need to experiment with using water colour paints in this design & also explore the way the light hits the areas of the frame.

The second outline is the basic outline for the pencil exterior. Drawn on 12 field paper I've attempted to create a sense of depth with the use of perspectives along the length of the road & the canyons surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment