Tuesday 19 February 2013

Sea Animation







The brief for this animation was simply to animate the sea, in any way & in any media I liked. At first I had no clue as to what to do or how to start, so began looking at iconic images of waves. The Great Wave was the basis of my inspiration & then I proceeded to look at Japanese style animations such as Ponyo.

With the simplistic style of line drawing of these examples in mind I then connected the idea of white horses in the waves. The image to the left shows simplistic line drawings I experimented with in my sketchbook before trying to combine the idea of the horses & the waves, as seen in the image below. The line drawings show my first experimentation of the the frame by frame 

progression & how it may work. The sea animation shows how this developed further, the horse appearing to morph into the waves.



No comments:

Post a Comment