Wednesday 24 October 2012

Toy Story





The first drawing project was named 'Toy Story'.   This involved me drawing my choice of toy - a six legged octopus my flatmate made by hand - in different situations & from different angles.

I drew him in varying places, from the fridge to in a blender & on my head. I also drew him as part of one of the Fresher's events 'Psycho Circus'.

I also experimented with drawing him from different angles & in different styles. I tried simplistic line styles, the use of cross hatching, simplistic use of  colour & also a blind contour, continuous line drawing.

I think in order to improve my drawing, I need to experiment with using a looser style as I tend to use relatively clean & very considered lines, but I think I would benefit from experimenting with quicker, looser drawings.



No comments:

Post a Comment