Wednesday 24 October 2012

Life Drawing - Session Two


Second life drawing session.

Though I'd done a few life drawing sessions prior to starting this course, I've never drawn a female before. So in this session I found myself struggling more than normal, I think this was due to the wider range of poses she created, particularly the lying down poses which led me to struggle in particularly with foreshortening - something I've had issues with previously.

This is one of my preferred drawings from the session as I was able to get some tone as it was a longer pose, but I think I need to work on the proportions, as her legs appear too short. Another thing I feel I need to work on during the life drawing sessions is drawing more quickly during the shorter poses - for example one or two minutes poses - as I often end up with very little of the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment