Wednesday 24 October 2012

2D Squash & Stretch Bouncing Balls

Light Ball (Football)

Heavy Ball (Bowling Ball)

These are examples of hand drawn 2D animations. This was my first time using animation paper & light box with the peg bar. The combination of these things made it far easier to establish the movements & size of the balls, as I was able to see each layer after I had drawn it. Prior to using the animation paper etc, I'd experimented with drawing all of the movement on one sheet of paper to look at the squash & stretch of the ball as I didn't want to look distorted. After photographing each image with the stop motion camera I created this, although I think it was relatively success, I think in the future I need to concentrate on the size of the ball - to make sure it remains the same volume - & the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment