Thursday 5 December 2013

11 Seconds Club - Initial Design Ideas

I chose to select the November sound clip of the 11 Seconds Club as I wanted the challenge of a lip sync!

To me it sounds like a female news anchor or something of that nature. However after a few sketches I decided I'd prefer to animate an animal... a little more of a challenge in my opinion!
Particularly with the added detail of a lip sync!



So the first animal I pictured was a pigeon.
Something about the voice & how the movements would transition from one to another.
The motion of wings also came to mind. Big, rounded motions!


So I began to sketch some little pigeons.
First from life to gain some insight into their shape & form.
Then trying to stylise the character, in particularly the expression.
I wanted the female to be a sassy, confident female whereas the male to be mundane & just to be happy to be there.





No comments:

Post a Comment