Wednesday 9 January 2013

Skulls - Looking At Detail



As part of the Kley sketchbook project, in order to look at the idea of sizing and the details of a smaller world.

I started by drawing simplistic line observational drawings directly from a variety of animal skulls, such as elephant skulls, lemur skulls and alligator skulls. As they were relatively quick drawings, I looked mainly at lines and shapes created as opposed to shadows.

Looking at photographs of rams skulls (bottom image) I had taken previously, I began to look in further detail at the shadows created within the skulls in addition to the marks which had formed from weathering and ageing of the bone. I attempted to use the style of cross hatching to create and develop shadow in fitting and inspired by Kley's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment