Saturday 12 January 2013

Butterfly Wings


To look at the idea of size in a slightly different way as to the skulls, I created a variety of simplistic pencil drawings looking at the details of different butterflies wings to combine with the female figures. Ignoring the colour schemes I concentrated on looking at the shapes and lines created by the main changes in colour. Some shapes required an element of shading in order to imply a transparency of colour.

I chose to use the set of wings that I'd consider the most easily recognisable as butterfly wings, as I wanted to make this detail clear in order to play with the idea of scale more clearly. Using another Argentini pose as a reference I added the detail of the wings to her back, using cross hatching to create shading and more definition the difference the shapes in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment