Wednesday 14 November 2012

Burt Walk & Walk Cycle


Using the Burt rig in Maya I created both a walk cycle and a walk. To attempt to understand how people walk and move, I played around with walking in different styles, exaggerating the movements and shifting my weight in different ways. I also spent time watching people around me walk to compare how different their motion is, but also to understand the main movements within the walk.

Because of the nature of the character, appearing like an alien-esque robot in the form of a large ball on top of two spindly legs and large feet, I was able to play with using more stylised, less realistic walks. The walk cycle sees a slower walk, with more subtle shifts in weight from one leg to another, creating a slightly more realistic walk. Burt walking across the screen uses a quicker pace, with legs kicking outwards further when in the air. In addition there is a less subtle shift in weight, showing the weight shifting to each leg, as well as the bend in the knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment