Wednesday 22 January 2014

Push The Envelope - Animation Shots


These are the shots from the short piece of the narrative & short that I animated!
This is the scene where the female character flies into a fit of rage due to her insane desire to fight crime!!
Creating the shots in After Effects was new to me...
I am not an AE pro, but it was exciting to try & experiment with new tech! Even though my knowledge is relatively limited.
I was originally considering animating in CelAction, but due to the scene I chose being more special effects related than character animating, After Effects was suggested.
Either way I'd have been starting from scratch regarding the program & tech.
The process was essentially creating the layers & images in Photoshop, but with lots of details separate to mess around with in After Effects.
Then I basically experimented with using the puppet pins to move the character, which was... awkward... still not completely sure how those work... turned my character inside out on a few occasions. But I managed to get the appearance of her shoulders rising & falling as though she was breathing.
Shot of the fire were layers & layers of flamey shapes changed & scaled & made more or less transparent etc in the keyframes. & then I messed around with lots of lighting & awesome things you can use in After Effects because it was exciting frankly...
But regarding the time period I chose a good shot to animate & I also think it does illustrate the style of Amazing Stories as it's highly dramatic, with flames, bright & harsh lighting, dramatic music & sound effects & a lot of use of colour!
If I were to do this piece again, or I had more time, I would try to physically animate the characters more & have the female particularly in crazy poses & motion.
I think I'd also redo the guys face again as he looks a bit odd... but full of fear. Which was what I wanted in this scene!!




No comments:

Post a Comment