Wednesday 22 January 2014

11 Second Club - Flash Animation


Here is my 11 Second Club flash animation!!
Flash is, again, a program I have pretty much no experience with so this was a new challenge for me!
As someone who previously hasn't really enjoyed animating, I really enjoyed the challenge & learning to animate in a different style.
It was a relatively lengthy process due to the amount of layers from key framing, to rough posing, in-betweens, clear outlines, lip sync, details, shading etc.
But it was enjoyable! & things such as the lip sync were a large challenge having only lip synced previously before. & choosing birds...
But after watching animations such as Valiant I gained some insight into how to do this easily & effectively!
Some details of the animation work particularly well in my opinion, for example the interaction between the characters when the male character talks. I also think the female character comes across with the personality I wanted to portray in her! The subtleties of eye movements were something
mentioned in a lecture which is a detail I tried to work on, attempting to create personality in the eye movements & to also aid the anticipation of her running after the worm.

If I were to do this project again, or I had more time, in my starting point of key frames I would concentrate on the body shape of the character's more! I didn't think about the squash & stretch of the females body as she was moving so she remains the same shape throughout.
She also has a floaty foot thing going on... I did try to rectify this, but it didn't seem to help. I think the shape of the legs doesn't help this situation, but I'd really have to work on the amount of frames for each step etc to create the impression of her walking.
Also the overlap! I looked over the overlapping of the movements in the animation, for example when the wings go down toward her body they wouldn't stop at a complete rest straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment